1) Drink between 2 and 3 litres of water everyday.Drink small amounts regularly throughout the day. Water helps the kidneys to process and flush uric acid out of the body.
2) Consume a baking soda solution to help dissolve uric acid crystals and increase uric acid solubility. Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to 8 oz of water. Mix throughly, and drink maximum 8 glasses daily. One before bed time, one when you get up in the morning, and one every 2 to 4 hours between meals. Repeat until the symptoms goes.
Note: Since a baking soda is high in sodium, change to a salt-free diet whilst taking this remedy. And if you suffer from high blood pressure, although you can take it as long as you monitor your blood pressure closely, it's better not to use this remedy at all.
3) Change to a low purine diet. Since uric acid comes from the break down of purines. Purines also exists in our foods, a gout suffers needs to go onto a diet that is relatively low in purines. This also means avoiding high purine foods completely...
4) The general types of food to avoid are fatty red meats, offal, poultry and some seafood. And, it's important to avoid alcohol. Beer, in particular, is a trigger for gout.
5) The types of foods that make up a low purine diet are things like; essential fatty acids (e.g. tuna, salmon, etc.), low fat dairy products, complex, complex carbohydrates ( e.g. bread, cereal, pasta, rice, vegetables,fruits, etc ), fruits such as cherries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc
6) These are three of the most effective natural ways to reducing uric acid levels. Try them if you've gout just now and see how they work for you..